Visit the YKK Americas Group Website for more product information
Manufacturing in El Salvador
El Salvador is the only country in the region with an assembly plant to meet the demand of other countries in Central America:
- Costa Rica
We have a sales office in each country to serve specifics clients. We also serve other YKK sister companies like Honduras and Jen Colombia, supplying them certain products.
Our Manufacturing Process
Our manufacturing process is as follows, from the moment customer service receives order to shipping the order to the customer:
- Receive the order
- Enter the order in the system
- Select raw materials and generate productions cards
- Dyeing process
- Gap Zipper process
- Assembly process
- Packing process
- Shipping the order
Our Operation Process
The following process applies to all the customers we serve in the Central America Region.
YKK guarantees the highest quality and functionality for all its products through the use of international certifications as a production standard, and always strives to provide the best products for every industry.
We have been certified by Oeko-Tex® standards ISO9001:2015, ISO14001:2015, and ISO45001:2018, certifications which guarantee the quality of our products and services. Every certification conforms to international and national standards.
To learn more about our certifications, please refer to è for information on regulations like CPSIA, conflict minerals and other global standards of quality to which our products comply.
YKK El Salvador will continue focusing on offering quality products and services in order to satisfy diverse customer needs, creating value through continuous improvement, safety and high reliability, at greater speed and with a scope on a long term environmental sustainability.
- We will provide safe and reliable products that really satisfy our customers through development stages, manufacturing process and post-sale services; always listening the customer’s voice and the needs of society.
- We will contribute to building a more sustainable society by minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment in order to leave a better life to future generations.
- We will promote an adequate quality cost management with fundamental improvements to address quality issues and legal compliance through technology in order to reach the best level of competitiveness in the market.
YKK El Salvador, in accordance with YKK´s Group Environmental Vision 2050, will contribute to:
In accordance with the YKK group’s environmental management vision “Technology Oriented Value Creation” YKK will promote sustainability through its business activities and products.
Involving all employees, to contribute to society in harmony with the environment, and continue to be a company for the social good and contribute to society.
- Response to climate change: In order to achieve climate neutrality by 2050, we will reduce CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions over the long-term.
- Reduce environmental impact: We will reduce our environmental impact by reducing the total amount of waste, increasing the recycling ratio, promoting the change of plastic packaging materials for sustainable materials, reducing water consumption, promoting adequate management for the use of chemical substances, for the preservation of ecosystems and the enrichment of life.
- Provide and Propose Environmentally Friendly Products: Ensure the implementation of environmentally friendly themes in the development of products and equipment
- Ensure Compliance: In accordance with the Sustainability Vision, we will strengthen our environmental management system using “YKK Global Criteria of Compliance (YGCC3.0)” and carry out continuous improvement to ensure environmental legal compliance, maintain zero environmental accidents and zero violations, reinforcing environmental education of all our employees.
YKK El Salvador employees are fully committed with this policy
YKK El Salvador protects all strategic business information, aware of its credibility with all stakeholders.
We prevent leakage of technological, financial and business information with procedures that restrict their use, limiting its handling on external storage drives and saving on unsafe places, thus achieving business sustainability for all YKK stakeholders.
We ensure that confidential information is not disclosed to our personnel, customers and vendors, avoiding the drawbacks of confidential data leakage.
Occupational Health and Safety Policy
YKK El Salvador recognizes that it is essential to ensure the occupational health and safety of all its employees for their work, and to comply with laws, regulations and procedures, involving all of YKK to increase the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases, and eliminating or minimizing occupational risks inherent in our business to reach our goal of ZERO ACCIDENTS.
This policy is based on the following principles:
- Promote an environment of Occupational Safety and Health through the active participation of employees in all elements of the Safety Management Plan;
- Improve the management of Occupational Safety and Health through compliance with applicable national laws, ratified conventions, YKK policies;
- Make it the responsibility of all levels of management to provide a healthy and safe working environment through programs, procedures, efficient equipment, and financial support.
- Provide staff training necessary to raise awareness of inherent dangers in production activities and how to avoid them and the proper use of the personal protection equipment and collective hazards.